- 3 medium-sized zucchini, shredded (if you don’t like Zucchini, then use Broccoli instead)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or 1 cup, depending on individuals taste)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 small-medium carrots, peeled and shredded (depending on individuals taste)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (depending on individuals taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (depending on individuals taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (depending on individuals taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (depending on individuals taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (depending on individuals taste)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200˚C.)
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray
- Grate the zucchini into a bowl and salt generously, adding salt and gentle combine ingredients.
- Allow ingredients to stand for 15-20 minutes
- Using clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer zucchini to a large bowl. Stir in carrots, Panko, eggs, cheeses, basil, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder
- season with salt and pepper, to taste and mix until well blended
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into small bites (slightly bigger than a chicken nugget), repeating for rest of mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, approximately 20-25 minutes total. Flip over when 10-12 minutes have passed at half of cooking time.
- Serve immediately