Is there any difference using a Green or Yellow Bananas as another superfood? Well, here are a few facts on bananas as well as using this as an ideal breakfast drink . . .
Green bananas are rich in resistant starch and pectin. They are filling, improve digestive health and help lower blood sugar levels. Note: Resistant starch promotes gut health. This feeds the good bacteria living in our large bowel. These bacteria are sometimes called our microbiome.
- Raw bananas have a low sugar content. They are filling, improve digestive health and help lower blood sugar levels, although not as pleasant tasting.
- Green bananas are a good food source where as Yellow bananas have a high natural sugar content. If you suffer from Type 2 Diabetes, you are able to eat the unripened fruit whilst ripened bananas is not a good idea in some cases.
- Popping a banana in a blender to create a breakfast drink can help lower blood pressure. It will also help in reducing the risks of cancer and asthma. They are also rich in potassium, so very good for heart health and fibre, which makes this longer to digest.
- Yellow bananas are best eaten after being peeled. Green bananas are best eaten cooked, boiled or fried. You can also blend it in a blender for a fantastic smoothie.
RECIPE . . . GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sliced GREEN banana
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine spinach, apple, banana, almond milk, lime juice, ginger, chia seeds and honey in blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- If consistency is too thick, add water to dilute